Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Post #1



Welcome to NorCal CrossFit's Official Competition Club Blog,

So Taz and I (Garret) thought it would be a cool/ helpful thing to create a blog where all of you guys would be able to view the up and coming workouts, post scores, and gain some knowledge into anything that has to do with competing in the sport of CrossFit.  For example, what/ how to eat before and during competition or even just how to wrap your hands properly before performing a pull- up workout.  Anything that has to do with competing we will try our best to cover it on hear.

And a quick note about competing in CrossFit.  Competing in CrossFit is not easy.  It takes times, motivation, and a lot of determination for yourself.  However, you guys have already taken the first step in becoming a better competitor in this sport just by committing to this club and even by reading this blog post haha.  And also always remember that competition is fun.  The last thing we want you guys to do is to get burned out with CrossFit and stop enjoying it.  Enjoy it, work hard, and reap the benefits.

More posts to come.  If you guys have any questions you guys can email Taz or myself.

taz@norcalcrossfit.com
garret@norcalcrossfit.com

"Work Hard & Be Proud Of What You Achieve" ~Anonymous  

A cool little picture of some of your coaches holding a squat in Kenya.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Garret and Taz. I like the blog and I am excited for our Comp Club Community. A handful of us will be making the "fun" happen (as Garret spoke of) at the NorCal Master's this weekend and the SAC-Town Throwdown the following weekend. I look forward to training and competing with you all in 2013... and all the "fun" we will have doing it. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats todays workout :) Can we post homework here also.

    Thanks for setting this up for us.

    !!!!!!

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Taz ^ Garrett: thanks for this. I just attended my first Crossfit Comp at the Norcal Masters this past weekend and was totally inspired by what i saw. I loved it. I can see me doing that next year..2014. Additionally, myself and Anna G. (of MV box) are planning to do the Rookie Rumble in March13..we are scared! I would love to learn from everyone else. Food, rest, and wrapping hands and maybe even knees are of concern to me. Keep me in the loop please ;)

    ReplyDelete